BUSINESS STARTUP Course
I have teamed up with Vicky Clark (The Pet Accountant) to deliver a one day package to help you set up your business.
Be the Pet Groomer you want to be
Are you just starting out in the pet grooming industry?
Do you want to work for yourself but have no idea where to start?
Are you a great groomer but lack confidence in business?
Get ahead of the pack with our Business Start-Up Course, and have the grooming business that you want –
Without overwhelm, stress or worry about finances
Does this sound familiar?
- You’re fresh out of training college, and it’s slowly dawning on you that working as an employee for another groomer won’t make you much money and that you could probably earn more working in a fast food chain than doing that
- You’ve left a stable career in another industry because pet grooming is what your heart wants to do, but you’ve realised that many grooming businesses aren’t doing that well and you don’t want to follow the same path
- You love your work but you feel disappointed by the lack of financial reward for your skill and expertise. Surely all that training and investment deserves more than £25 a groom?
- You’re too scared to go into business by yourself because you have no idea how to be a business owner – because there’s so much to do and so much to know and you feel like a fraud to even consider taking that step
- You haven’t done any business training in the past, so how on earth could you be your own boss?
- You don’t know anything about the finances of running a business and worry that you’ll get in trouble with the tax man without even realising
If this is you, don’t worry. We’ve ALL been there.
Because nobody wakes up in the morning and somehow automatically knows how to run a business. And it’s not as if you regularly get taught how to do this at grooming school.
So these feelings are NORMAL.
Not knowing how to run a business is NORMAL.
Not having the right mindset to jump into business with both feet is NORMAL.
But what sets the successful business owners apart from the rest is a willingness to sit with their discomfort rather than hide from it, take steps to address the gaps in their knowledge and experience, and seek support and guidance from mentors and coaches.
Are you ready to brave the discomfort and get an amazing business as a result?
For the love of dogs…
If covid has made you realise that there is more to life than a wage, and it’s important to do what you love then we hear you.
It may be that you didn’t get into dog grooming for the money, but for the love. We get that. Dogs (and cats, and rabbits, and guinea pigs!) are pretty wonderful and spending time with animals feeds the soul. No doubt about it.
But sooner or later the lack of reward for your effort and skill may start to build up little pockets of resentment.
So whereas once upon a time when you saw that cute little tangled Westie come through the door your spirits would soar, but now you’re just seeing another poorly maintained mut who will take an age to de-mat and it’s not even worth the time and effort to get it done because you don’t charge enough and feel you’ll have no customers left if you charge what you really want to.
You might even prefer it when there are no dogs coming through the door at all! And that is the quickest way out of the industry. That industry you used to love, but it’s been worn out of you because you don’t feel appreciated as a professional.
But what if we told you that there is the potential for you to have your own immensely successful pet grooming business?
That you could get the satisfaction and enjoyment out of doing something that you love everyday
Make good money as the owner of your own dog grooming business with the autonomy to make decisions about where, when and how you work, instead of marching to the beat of another groomer’s drum?
That future starts here
With the Business Start-Up Course from Pet Passion To Profit and The Pet Accountant
Business coaching and financial know-how combine in this training course for groomers just like you
Bill Betts from Pet Passion To Profit, and Vicky Clark The Pet Accountant, join forces in this intensive one-day online training course that has already taken 30 groomers just like you, from scared to smashing it as bosses of their own grooming businesses.
Whether you’re freshly qualified or grooming represents a career change for you, if you want to break out into the world of business ownership and truly BE YOUR OWN BOSS, then this course is for you!
I’m Vicky Clark
And I am The Pet Accountant. I started my accountancy career working for my uncle in his firm, and 6 years later I’m getting ready to take over the business so that he can enjoy his retirement.
From my Bedfordshire-based office, through the magic of the internet and cloud-based systems, myself, Frank (my Dachshund) and Herbie (my Cockatiel) are able to work with people from all over the UK.
In recent years I have naturally gravitated towards clients that are pet professionals and I’m taking the family business in this new direction. Because frankly, if I wasn’t an accountant I’d probably be working with animals too. So you’ll not find anyone more qualified to solve all of your pet-biz financial quandaries, as this is what I do all day everyday!
I’m Bill Betts
And I’m the Founder of Pet Passion To Profit, a business consultancy company all about helping pet professionals like you to get started, achieve growth and have the career and lifestyle you want.
I understand where you are because I’ve been there. Me and my wife Emma started a grooming business in 2005 and we made ALL OF THE MISTAKES. Honestly. It was car crash stuff sometimes. But you know what? We learnt so much. We now have a hugely successful grooming business where we are able to choose our clients, charge properly and offer excellent service. All without huge overwhelm, stress or worry about finances. And now I’m able to bring the benefit of years of experience to give new and struggling groomers actionable advice and guidance on their own businesses.
I’ve already coached dozens of groomers in one to one mentoring, group classes and online to become better business people. I’ve helped them make better decisions and avoid the pitfalls that new grooming businesses often fall foul of.
What will you learn?
Here are just some of the things you get when you decide to invest Business Start-Up Day with Bill Betts and Vicky Clark:
- Discover how your own brain can hold you back in achieving your potential! From imposter syndrome to overwhelm, from procrastination to stress
- Find out how you don’t need to be rich to start out in business, and how the best businesses are often bootstrapped at the start
- Learn how goal-setting and building a vision for your future life can help you in taking meaningful steps towards it instead of making decisions based on short-term distractions
- Establish your who, why and how of your business – so that you can drive forward with real focus and understanding of your business and your customers
- Decide on what your grooming business is going to look like and understand the pros and cons of working from home, being mobile or having a bricks and mortar salon
- Get off the pricing bandwagon and set your margins according to the needs of your own business – this well-kept secret is your roadmap away from a race to the bottom
- Get the low down on the nitty-gritty of a pet grooming business – your services, your add-ons and your branding and marketing needs so that no stone is left unturned
- Find out the right way to set yourself up in business with HMRC, Companies House, and beyond
- Get your books right from the start – how to record your income, expenses, profits and the rest to avoid any icky-sticky situations with the tax man
- And sooooooo much more!
Is this training for you?
This training won’t be suitable for all pet groomers out there. This training has been specifically designed to help people just starting out in the grooming industry, or those wanting to hit the RESET button on their grooming careers get the best possible foundations in place for a successful and profitable grooming career.
- You’re fresh out of grooming college or your apprenticeship and want to start as you mean to go on without working for minimum wage,
- You’re a struggling pet groomer with their own business but feel like you could or should be achieving more,
- Or you want to take that next step in your grooming career and step out to finally be in charge of your own destiny,
Then listen up! This training is definitely up your street! If you worry about the practicalities of running and business or don’t know where to start when it comes to HMRC, setting up a company or how to manage business finances effectively so that you’re not caught out with cash flow problems or the dreaded tax man, then read on because this training is for YOU.
BUT, this training is probably NOT for you:
- If you’re bossing it as a business owner pet groomer extraordinaire and have been for years, and could teach Bill Gates a thing or two about revenue,
- If your positive mindset is up there with Oprah and there is nothing you can’t do if you set your mind to it,
- If you’ve never run scared from a letter from HMRC,
- If you’re happy being an employee for another groomer and have no intention of building up your own business,
- If you’re happy to fly by the seat of your pants when it comes to running a business – it can’t be that hard, right?
What else is included?
As well as our intensive training from industry experts, you will also be part of an EXCLUSIVE ONLINE COMMUNITY with 6 months access to our private Business Start-Up Facebook group, chock full of additional advice, support and encouragement from us and from your fellow graduates. This is a hotbed of gold and is included in the cost of this training.
Recorded for playback
We appreciate that one time may not be enough when it comes to our training. It is so jam-packed with material that you might feel as though your head will explode at the end of the day! But don’t worry, we’ve not had any brain-related detonations as yet… 😊 But in order to ensure that you get the very most from our time, we record the entire day on Zoom and a recording will be sent to you so that you can watch it back as many times as you like.
As well as the pure gold on delivery during our live training day, you’ll also receive an Accountancy Pack from The Pet Accountant – an easy reference guide to help steer you through those tricky money-related issues that all business owners face. Our graduates love this additional bonus material!
Also included in the price of this training is a business resources pack from Pet Passion To Profit. This includes information on our recommended partners, advice on practicalities such as insurance, equipment, systems software, marketing platforms and more. This handy resource is a great accompaniment to our training and includes everything you never knew you needed!
All included for no extra cost!
We think this is the best business training course available for pet groomers right now
We don’t say this lightly.
We have done our homework and have found no other offering like ours.
We are confident in saying that this training is the most comprehensive business start-up input currently available aimed specifically for pet groomers who want to go into business and succeed.
Our training is specific to you and proven to help pet groomers get ahead in the industry, regardless of grooming experience. So if YOU want to get ahead and place yourself in the best position to succeed in business, this training will help you get there.
What do our Business Start-Up Course graduates think?
It’s easy for us to blow our own collective trumpet here. We KNOW how good this stuff is. However, we need you to take a leap of faith to invest in it for yourself. We get that. But we don’t expect you to just take our word for it though. Luckily, we’ve already delivered this course to loads of happy groomers who have been able to get real, actionable advice in both business strategy, set-up, mindset and financial guidance. So here’s what some of them have to say!
“Bill and Victoria are very approachable with any questions or problems you may have regarding your business. They have given me insight how to setup and run a professional grooming salon, which has really helped keep me accountable and proactive in pushing my business forward. I really don’t feel like I am doing this all on my own and know they are there for me if I have questions or need help making decisions. I would highly recommend this course to anyone wanting professional, friendly business advice.”
“I took the plunge to become self-employed after I was made redundant. Not only has Bill helped me understand what is legally needed, I also feel confident in knowing I’m on the right path.
I have constantly had tips and tricks delivered by live videos from professionals in the industry. I can ask a question which may seem simple but it’s always explained in a way so everyone can understand. The Start Up Course and the support after is exceptional. I am so happy I signed up and gained the knowledge I have. Thank you once again!”
These are real people, just like you, that have invested in our intensive Business Start-Up Course and have gone on to implement real positive change in their businesses. And you can too!
How much does it cost?
Investing in our Business Start-Up Course costs just £474 Inc VAT. That’s it. For less than £500 you can:
- Get customised business, mindset and finance training especially for pet professionals just like you
- Get training delivered live, fully interactive and tailored to the needs of the students on the day
- Get ongoing support and encouragement that comes from being part of an exclusive community of fellow students
- Get oodles of resources to help you take your first steps towards a bright future as a pet professional and business owner
- Get the advice, direction, motivation and impetus you need to take your career by the scruff and achieve more than you thought possible!
All condensed into a single day of teaching so you don’t need to worry about missing out on days or weeks of work while you get trained in business and finance.
And what’s more, you can expense the cost of this training against your business! So you get to invest in this tax-free 😊
Payment options are also available, so there has never been a better time to invest in the future of your business.
What could you do instead of taking our Business Start-Up Course?
There are plenty of alternative options out there instead of joining our training. Here are just a few!
- Work out how to run a grooming business properly by consulting Google and taking a gamble on whether the advice you find is actually relevant to you
- Take the advice of people who are already doing it. Regardless of whether they’re actually excelling in their career or not.
- Consult an accountant privately for the advice on finances and accounts that Vicky provides. Sure, it’ll cost you more to get this advice than the cost of our entire training and it’s unlikely the accountant you choose will be an expert in pet businesses.
- Do none of these things and decide instead to work for another groomer instead. And help them to achieve their career goals instead of working towards your own.
And guess what? There is free training available elsewhere too. The thing is, it’s not designed for you. Instead it is as generic as possible to reach the widest audience. Which means that you won’t learn all of the pet professional business and finance specifics that you’ll learn on our Business Start-Up Day.
And why do they need to reach all the people? Because these free training sessions are all designed so that they can sell to you at the end of it. We, on the other hand, absolutely promise that there will be no crafty up-sell to a higher priced offer at the end of our training day.
So if you actually want a deep dive into the specific action steps you need to take to start or overhaul your grooming business then there is no better place to be than right here.
You reached the end! What do you think?
There’s not much more to add.
It’s time for you to decide.
If you want to take then next best step for your financial freedom and business success, with expert advice from people who really know what they’re talking about (seriously, we do, we’re professionals and successful business owners ourselves) then what are you waiting for?
Sign up today and let’s make 2022 truly amazing for your pet grooming business.